We received the official notice from the Ontario Labour Relations Board confirming that we filed the hundreds of cards and want to see a vote at KL Gold. This vote is about sending a message that things need to change.
The company now needs to follow up, they must respond to the application by Monday and post the official notices up on the board. Let us know if you do not see the notices posted up at work.
In the notice, the government lays out very clearly your rights as workers during the vote.
YOU SHOULD BE AWARE THAT EMPLOYEES IN ONTARIO HAVE THESE RIGHTS:
- To organize themselves and form a trade union.
- To join a trade union and participate in its lawful activities.
- To act together for collective bargaining.
- To refuse to do any or all of these things, or to remain neutral.
- To cast a secret ballot in favour of, or in opposition to, representation by a trade union, if applicable.
- Not to be discriminated against or penalized by an employer or a trade union for supporting or opposing a trade union, or participating in its lawful activities.
- Not to be penalized for exercising rights or participating in a proceeding under the Labour Relations Act.
Click here to read the full 12 page notice.